Edited By Allysa B Peyton And Jason Steuber, Harn Museum Of Art
The David A. Cofrin Asian Art Manuscript Series embodies the determination and drive that Dr. David Cofrin (1923-2009) brought to Asian art. Dr. Cofrin was a serious collector of Asian art, acquiring works from regions as far west as Persia, as far east as Japan, and as far south as India. His broad range of interests reflected his investigative spirit and love of learning new things from various places and periods. Dr. Cofrin was responsible for the formation and growth of the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art and its many collections, especially those of Asian art.
The goals of the series are to publish symposium proceedings, single author volumes, and collaborative projects offering new contributions to the international Asian Art field while critically reviewing past academic and canonical efforts.
Current Series Titles:
- Arts of Korea: Histories, Challenges, and Perspectives (Edited by Jason Steuber and Allysa B. Peyton)
- Tōkaidō Texts and Tales: Tōkaidō gojūsan tsui by Kuniyoshi, Hiroshige, and Kunisada (Edited by Andreas Marks)
- The Landscape Painting of China: Musings of a Journeyman (Harrie A. Vanderstappen, Edited by Roger E. Covey)
- Collectors, Collections, and Collecting the Arts of China: Histories and Challenges (Edited by Jason Steuber, with Guolong Lai)
- Original Intentions: Essays on Production, Reproduction, and Interpretation in the Arts of China (Edited by Nicholas Pearce and Jason Steuber)
For further details, please click here.