Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you use, register or contribute in any way to the EAAA website. All users of the site must accept and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
This website (“site”) is operated and owned by the European Association for Asian Art and Archaeology (“EAAA” or “we” or “us”).
- Members agree to use this site for the purposes of education, dissemination and professional development. Visiting or joining this site to take undue advantage of the information provided on this website and/or in the membership area in any way will result in immediate termination of access to this site and may result in legal action.
- Members will not use this website to post any information that is or is likely to be, discriminatory, hateful, false, inaccurate, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person’s privacy, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or otherwise be a breach of the law.
- Members must not make any posts that would constitute an advertisement, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- Members must not make any posts or take any actions that would be technically harmful (including, but not limited to, hacking, the introduction of computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, spyware, keyloggers, corrupted data or other malicious software).
- Members agree not to use this website for spamming or contacting other members for non-professional reasons unless explicit written prior consent is given by the recipient, in which case any disputes or damages arising from such contact will be resolved exclusively by the members involved, without the involvement or liability of EAAA.
- Members must adopt a username which is appropriate and not offensive.
- Members agree that they use this website at their own risk and that EAAA is not liable for any of the material posted unto this website.
- The content provided on this website or posted by members does not necessarily reflect the views of EAAA. For posts related to third-party events or publications, we recommend that members always check the accuracy of the information with the person/organization hosting the event. We try to make sure that the information posted here is accurate, however, we cannot and will not be held responsible for the contents, accuracy or validity of information in any way.
- This website sometimes provides links to other websites which are not operated or owned by the EAAA. The members agree that they visit these sites at their own risk.
- Members agree that the responsibility for their postings rests solely with themselves and they will indemnify EAAA in respect of any costs, expenses, losses, damages or claims made as result of any claim based upon any post or action made by themselves.
- Members agree that EAAA can remove any material it deems inappropriate at its discretion and without the prior consent of the author.
- If a member believes any post breaches these terms, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to remove the content within a reasonable amount of time if deemed necessary.
- EAAA reserves the right to cancel member’s right to use this website at its sole discretion if this action is deemed appropriate due to unwanted conduct or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Members agree to indemnify EAAA for any loss it suffers and hold EAAA harmless from any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Members agree EAAA is not obliged to oversee, monitor or moderate the postings. EAAA will do its best to assess any possible risks for users of this website and will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation in the light of those risks. Members accept that they may be exposed to material that has not been moderated and will not hold EAAA liable for any of the posts made, nor bring any legal action or other claims against EAAA arising out of their use of this website whether it is moderated or not.
- Members must not carry out or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe on the rights of any third party; in Slovenia, European Union or any other country in the world.