Title: Forging the Image of the Divine in Byzantine Christianity and Chinese Buddhism
Duration: 9 June to 11 June 2022 (from 9.30 a.m. CET)
Format: Hybrid – In presence in Vienna, and online via Zoom
Organized by: Institute of Art History, Vienna University, (Vienna, Austria) and School of Philosophy, Fudan University (Shanghai, China)
Institute of Art History at Vienna University and School of Philosophy of Fudan University are jointly organizing a workshop entitled Forging the Image of the Divine in Byzantine Christianity and Chinese Buddhism. The workshop will be held from 9 June to 11 June 2022 at the Institute of Art History, University of Vienna.
- The workshop will host talks by:
- MICHELE BACCI (University of Fribourg)
- JAS ELSNER (University of Oxford)
- MINKU KIM (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- KARIN KRAUSE (The University of Chicago)
- LOTHAR LEDDEROSE (Heidelberg University)
- LI QINGQUAN (Shandong University)
- LUKAS NICKEL (University of Vienna)
- LIOBA THEIS (University of Vienna)
- WANG YAZHU (University of Vienna)
- WU HONG (Fudan University)
For more information, please see the programme in PDF attached below. For in-person participation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For online participation, please follow this LINK.
This workshop is generously supported by the International Office of the University of Vienna and the Office of Global Partnerships of the Fudan University.